Tuesday, April 5, 2011

With a little help from my friends ...


I have learnt to love the clown in me again... the one who feels too much, facebooks too much, takes too many risks, wins sometimes and looses most of the time, lacks selfcontrol, loves people and hates what we are doing to this earth, hurts and gets hurt, makes mistakes, laughs often, cries sometimes...

What would you do
If I sang outta tune
Would you stand up
And walk out on me?

Lend me your ears
And I'll sing you a song
I will try not to sing outta key
'Be outta tune'

Yes, over the past few months I have learnt a few things again…

I have learnt to love the fool in me again… the one who sometimes sings "outta tune"...

Sitting here on this beautiful morning watching the sunrise and thinking where the heck we are in this Istart2 journey… Time waits for no man and the clock is ticking towards the end of November when the world will gather in South Africa to change the future...

It is probably very human to start having doubts midway to reaching your goals… but there is just no option to stop a process which has already gone into overdrive… I have also realised that I really need your help, the help of your friends.. as many people as we can to help us make this happen... Help to open a door, help with a design, help with spreading the iSTART2 message... help with organising your networks to support this cause... 

 "The newspapers kept stroking my fear. New surveys provided awful statistics on just about everything. Evidence suggested that we were not doing well. Researchers gloomily agreed. Environment psychologists were interviewed. Damage had ‘unwittingly’ been done. There were ‘feared lapses’. There were ‘misconceptions’ about potential. Situations had ‘deteriorated’. Cruelty was on the rise and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

The populace was confounded, yet didn’t care. Unpublished studies hinted that we were all paying a price. Scientists peered into data and concluded that we should all be very worried. No one knew what normal behavior was anymore, and some argued that this was a form of virtue. And no one argued back. No one challenged anything.

Anxiety was soaking up most people’s days. Everyone had become preoccupied with horror. Madness was fluttering everywhere. There was fifty years of research supporting this data. There were diagrams illustrating all of these problems – circles and hexagons and squares, different sections colored in lime or lilac or gray. Most troubling were the fleeting signs that nothing could transform any of this into something positive.



You couldn’t help being both afraid and fascinated. Reading these articles made you feel that the survival of mankind didn’t seem very important in the long run. We were doomed. We deserved it. I was so tired."
Bret Easton Ellis

It is also over the last few months that I have learnt once again the value of friends who are there for you through  think and thin. Friends are helpful not only because they will listen to us, but because they will laugh at us. Through them we learn a little objectivity, a little modesty, a little courtesy. We learn how life works and become better players of this game we call life.  



All we need is a little help from our friends.

One is company... two is a crowd... three is heaven

Please email me at pierre@istart2.com if you can help making magic on the iSTART2 process. Thank you...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

going back to basics... istart2 realise my own worth. istart2 realise that my small bit and your small bit adds up... and we-start2 make our world a better place for us....